It’s the first Friday of August and that means it’s International Beer Day! Best wishes to our friends at Two Tales twotales.cz across the pond and EWG, Steam Whistle and Camerons over here … and of course to all those joining the celebration!
International Beer Day* is a worldwide celebration of beer on August 1st, 2014 (first Friday in August), taking place in pubs, bars, breweries, and back yards all over the world. There aren’t a lot of things the whole world agrees on, but enjoying beer is one of them, so let’s all raise a pint this August 1st: to Beer, a drink that brings the world together. (* extracted from www.internationalbeerday.com).
- International Beer Day is on August 1st in 2014, and takes place the first Friday in August annually
- Goal: to unite the world in celebration of beer
- 353 official celebrations in 207 cities and 50 countries in 2012
- 278 official celebrations in 138 cities and 23 countries in 2011
- Trending on Twitter in English and Portuguese in 2011
- 2011 tweets surpassed 40,000 and reached over 15 Million people
- Founded in 2007 by Jesse Avshalomov, Evan Hamilton, Aaron Araki, Richard Hernandez, Tyler Burton, and Ryland Hale
- First celebrated in August of 2008
- Currently managed by Avshalomov and Hamilton
- August was chosen for its summer weather and distance from other beer celebrations