Partners Invested in Corporate Development
Partners – we establish long term relationships
Invested – we invest in our partners
Corporate Development – we formulate and execute strategic initiatives
In order: Overlooking Hong Kong; Toronto Skyline, Canada (taken from s/v Barefoot);
The Peninsula, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania; The Bund, Shanghai.
All photos by P. Wood.
What We Do
Corporate Leadership & Execution
Mergers, Acquisitions, Divestitures
Restructuring, Turnarounds & Trouble-Shooting
Cross-Border/Cultural Transaction Structuring & Negotiation
We take on complex situations, work from the Board level and do whatever is necessary
We build long term strategic relationships with partners who we trust, respect and enjoy working with.
We have executed business in North and South America, across Europe, in many parts of South and East Asia, Africa and Australia.
We have worked in High Tech, Clean Tech, Manufacturing, Resources, Aerospace and Defence, Consumer Products, Brewing, among sectors.
Paul Wood, President of Kappa Advisors Ltd, began his professional career in London, England in the 1980s as a trader of Treasury Products prior to moving into Corporate Finance. Since then, Mr. Wood has been focused on transaction structuring, including M&A, restructurings and trouble-shooting special situations as an advisor as well as in-house for multi-national companies and funds. Currently based in Canada, he has executed transactions across borders in many parts of the world. He serves in executive leadership roles and on the Boards of public and private companies.
Red Lake, Ontario, Canada
Platform Eight Capital
Capital Pool Company
- Platform Nine Capital
Capital Pool Company
British Columbia, Canada
- General Exploration Limited
Two Tales Brewing
Brewing and Hospitality
Czech Republic; Thailand
- Climate Change Infrastructure Corporation
Exempt Market Dealer, Advisory Services and Funds Management
Quantum Leap Mortgage Fund
- Pension Fund
- Grenville Strategic Royalty Corp
Revenue-based lending across North America
- Midpoint Holdings Ltd.
Peer-to-peer Foreign Exchange transaction services
Eurocontrol Technics Group
Authentication, Verification and Certification Technologies
News & Blog
Chicane Capital I Corp. Completes Initial Public Offering
Toronto, Ontario--(Newsfile Corp. - December 14, 2022) - CHICANE CAPITAL ...
PlantPlus Foods LLC to Acquire Sol Cuisine Ltd. for Cash
Congratulations to the teams at Sol Cuisine, Plant Plus, 4Front ...
Congratulations to 4 Front & Platform 9 on Closing the Qualifying Transaction with Sol Quisine
Sol Cuisine Ltd. Announces Closing of Qualifying Transaction Toronto, Ontario--(Newsfile ...
Platform 9 and Sol Cuisine Announce Receipt of TSXV Conditional Approval and Filing of a Filing Statement
Toronto, Ontario--(Newsfile Corp. - May 7, 2021) - Platform 9 ...
BTU Defines New Base Metal Drill Targets by Copper-Silver-Gold Discovery
May 11, 2021 Vancouver, BC, Canada – BTU METALS CORP. ...
BTU Metals to acquire 80% of Pakwash North property
BTU Metals to acquire 80% of Pakwash North property2021-04-29 16:07 ...
Latest Tweets & Posts
Kappa attending Roundup in Vancouver - Jan 2023
Chicane Capital I Corp. Completes Initial Public Offering https://www.newsfilecorp.com/release/147995/Chicane-Capital-I-Corp.-Completes-Initial-Public-Offering #Banking #FinancialServices #IPO #SmallCaps #TSXV #Investing
$BTU BTU Metals begins drilling on gold and copper targets at Pakwash North target at Dixie Halo project https://tinyurl.com/y8h4sjxa @BTUMetals $BTUMF #BTU #BTUMF
BTU Metals begins drilling on gold and copper targets at Pakwash North of Dixie Halo project in Ontario https://tinyurl.com/ycfobbsh via @proactive_uk
BTU Metals CEO hails sale of Great Bear to Kinross as good news for Red Lake companies: https://buff.ly/3dF0IyT
BTU would like to congratulate the entire team at Great Bear - Management has done great work on their Dixie Gold project in the Red Lake camp, Ontario, and their efforts have been ground-breaking! Great work @GreatBearGBR!
Read Release: https://buff.ly/3oEFcRj
PlantPlus Foods LLC to Acquire Sol Cuisine Ltd. for Cash http://www.kappa-advisors.com/plantplus-foods-llc-to-acquire-sol-cuisine-ltd-for-cash/
Kitco NEWS: Agnico Eagle announces 'most ambitious' gold exploration program in its history.
A 2,200 meter drill program is starting up at the $BTU.v flagship Dixie Halo property in #RedLake. Check out this interview with CEO Paul Wood and Proactive Investors going over what to expect as excitement ramps up:
$BTU BTU Metals prepares for drill program at Flagship Dixie Halo Project https://tinyurl.com/ygs36kcl @BTUMetals $BTUMF #BTU #BTUMF
BTU METALS SIGNS 2,200 METER DRILL CONTRACT - MOBILIZATION UNDERWAY
Read Release: https://buff.ly/3lR3ciP
#RedLakeAu $BTU.v $BTUMF
$IDAI NA Proactive news snapshot: Trust Stamp, BTU Metals, Group Eleven Resources, The Valens Company, i-80 Gold Corp ... https://tinyurl.com/yjucomp6 @truststamp $AIID #IDAI #AIID
Check out this interview with @StockPulseio and BTU CEO & Director Paul Wood discussing our OTCQB listing and broadening the BTU audience:
Check out this great interview with @CruxInvestor and BTU VP of Exploration Bruce Durham talking about our flagship Dixie Halo project and why BTU Metals should be on your radar for 2021:
I put together a short video of the Talisker Resources Ltd. Bralorne Project site visit from last week! @Talisker_Ltd $TSK.TO
Amazing experience! ⛏️
- Chicane Capital I Corp. Completes Initial Public Offering
- PlantPlus Foods LLC to Acquire Sol Cuisine Ltd. for Cash
- Congratulations to 4 Front & Platform 9 on Closing the Qualifying Transaction with Sol Quisine
- Platform 9 and Sol Cuisine Announce Receipt of TSXV Conditional Approval and Filing of a Filing Statement
- BTU Defines New Base Metal Drill Targets by Copper-Silver-Gold Discovery
- BTU Metals to acquire 80% of Pakwash North property
- Red Lake region heats up – Global Business Reports Highlights BTU
- Pivotal Financial Completes Initial Public Offering and Listing on TSX Venture Exchange
- BTU Metals Closes Financing
- Going into PDAC 2017 – A Decidedly Positive Mood
- XwinSys Onyx In-Line, Non-Distructive Inspection and Metrology for the Semiconductor and Microelectronics Industy
- XwinSys at Semicon West in San Francisco
- Junior Mining Indaba Upcoming in Johannesburg
- Congratulations to CKR on Over-subscribed Private Placement Financing
- Midpoint Extends Partnership With Xero With Release Of Pay Now App
- Prelude to PDAC 2016
- EUO Signs Major Long Term Strategic Deal with SICPA
- Xenemetrix ED-XRF systems, a core technology of Eurocontrol (EUO:TSX-V)
- Eurocontrol Enters into LOI with SICPA for Sale of Subsidiary Global Fluids International S.A.
- Caribou Signs Agreement to Acquire Aukam Graphite Mine in Namibia
- EUO’s Xenemetrix Receives Frost & Sullivan Award
- Eurocontrol Receives Fifth Process Patent
- Grenville Announces $12 M Bought Deal Financing
- Energy Security – Eurocontrol’s Technological Solution
- PDAC 2015 – It’s Not “Different this Time”
- Kappa Thanks Scarlet Sun Team
- Sun Sets on Cape Town Mining Indaba 2015
- Grenville Announces $10.0 Million Bought Deal
- A Tale of Two Brewers
- Eurocontrol’s PetromarkTM Assisting Albania to Clean Up Fuel Market Adulteration – 130 Gas Stations Caught with Adulterated Fuel
- Eurocontrol Innovates with Tel Aviv University
- Eurocontrol’s Petromark Increasing Tax Revenues in Albania
- Eurocontrol Acknowledged in Business Week East Africa
- Passionate Messages Being Shared from the Top of the World!
- The Time is Now for Ground Up Tax Reform, Let’s Start with a Clean Sheet
- Happy International Beer Day!
- Grenville Announces Closing of $15 Million Offering
- Midpoint Wins Product Innovation Forex Award
- Dead (I think) Pig in Trunk!
- Shout Out YOUR Passionate Message from the Summit – Two Tales Brewery Grondland 2014
- Eurocontrol on 2014 PROFIT 500 Fastest Growing List – 5 year revenue growth of 144%
- Midpoint adds three new currencies to its cost effective FX transaction platform
- Two Tales – Great Brewers, Taking Initiative
- Ghost Cities in China? Really?
- Midpoint Receives FCA Approval
- Grenville Strategic Royalty Corp announces binding agreement with Troon Ventures Ltd.